Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo Take 1

Inspired for the past few years by my One Brick Shy friend you see in the links on the right, I have decided to give NaBloPoMo a shot. That's National Blog Posting Month. I figured December was a good enough month for reflection and currently unknown chaos that's sure to ensue, so here I go.




Today, after a half-hour drive, a small parking fee and a fairly large card charge, I am officially walking around today feeling like I look GOOD. I got my hair trimmed to the bob I've been rocking for the past few months, and finally managed to add some highlights. I was a little nervous when my stylist suggested "golden" highlights... I've had blonder hair coloring before, and it tended to wash out my face. But Angela has never steered me wrong, so I relinquished all control. She brought out not one, but three different hues to put in foils in my hair. It's subtle, but lightens up my color and gives my face a wonderfully bright look. Now I can start December feeling hot.

And that is all... I'm hoping for less superficial vibes for the next few weeks! Thoughts about the hair would be welcome.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think the color is lovely and warm. Of course, I'm horribly jealous of your straight hair and how manageable it seems compared to my curly mess.

Still, superficial or not, it's good to have that first little step. I'm going through a similar transition and, frankly, if you see yourself in the mirror and honestly believe, "Damn, I look good!" then that's all that matters.

A New Leaf said...

You know, it's true. I'm sorry to make you jealous, though... I have always, always wished for just a little bit of naturally curly hair. This particular style is IT with my hair - can't get anything except STRAIGHT.

Do you have a haircut change? Email me pics!

Lisa said...

Yeah, but at least it behaves. Me curls don't stay curly. The top layer eventually loses the tight curl and ends up being a wave, while the bottom layer is still curly. Like I said, a mess.

And it's not so much hair (I haven't had it done since before your wedding - although the layers are still there), but rather clothes. I'm starting to get clothes that are more fitted to my body. Women's clothes! When I went to CA, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy new SC stuff and I would not look at anything unisex. It was women only; I've worn enough over-sized unisex clothing for a long time.

So yeah, recently I looked at myself in the mirror and, even though I was wearing pajamas, I just saw myself in an SC shirt that was comfortably loose, yet still nicely form fitting and I honestly liked myself. I thought I looked good. Huge step for me.

Small victories - take them where you can get them.

A New Leaf said...

Lisa, that's awesome. :) You so rarely hear stories of women who are slowly enjoying their bodies. Seem to usually be obscured by the stories of women who hate them. Keep up the high road!!

Unknown said...

Casey, you look beautiful!!! and I'm really excited about your NaBloPoMo. I feel so out of touch, and now I can read about what your life is like these days through the internet! (wow, I sound like a stalker). But really it's good to read about the day to day activities of your life in your voice; it's almost like I'm there. It warms my heart! Love you, miss you!!!