Thursday, December 3, 2009

I could post today about how much money sucks. About how much I suck with money sometimes, about how other people suck with money, and about how our success is inevitably measured by money. I'm at a place where I have it... just enough, anyway to give it away to utility companies, credit cards, and student loan corporations. But I'm also at a place where if others default on it, I tend to be in big trouble. So I could continue this post about the gig I played the first week of November which I have yet to be paid for, and how the date which we will be payed has not yet been nailed down.

But I won't - there are plenty of happier subjects at hand:

I work with very smart people and get to collaborate every day with their talent.
I have figured out how to cook for myself and my very finicky stomach.
I have an amazing family, two members of whom I get to see in 22 days.
My husband? Just plain cool.

Sometimes you need a few more good thoughts to outweigh the frustrating ones.

2 comments:

Phat Fiddle said...

It always helps to have the net positive thoughts outnumber the negative ones, unless you're an evil genius, in which case you should probably consider switching careers.

A New Leaf said...

If I was an evil genius, I would have switched to conducting a long time ago.