Friday, December 4, 2009

I've decided today to turn the blogosphere outward a bit... I need some advice. This is the first year T and I are hosting the Christmas season at our house, and because we've never had such a great place to plant ourselves, we are sorely at a loss for Christmas decorations. I am going to be the recipient of a plastic tree, courtesy of my violin friend who is making the big step up to a big tree this year. So now we are charged with stringing it with lights.


Here are the traditional ones... when I was a kid, I knew no other Christmas lights. Generous size, multi-colored, and the ultimate example of "festive."


Now these are a little more classic... these represent a clean, pristine holiday season, and have always been presented in my mind as wrapped around the trees of those who really have their life together. I'm not saying I'm part of that group, but I have no problem perpetuating the illusion.


These are always nostalgic. And probably necessary if I wanted to feel like it was Christmas in, say... 1992. I'm sure that was a good year.

But, ooooooh...


We may have a winner.

M&M's, by the way? Gluten free. :)

2 comments:

Butterflyblue said...

We kind of got out of the stringing lights thing because we got one prelit. Although I always add a string of color to it to make it more festive. My vote is for the traditional ones, or the m&ms. (yay for gluten free! When I was experimenting to see it that was my problem I was very happy that if it was, I would not lose good candy.)

Rocketgirl said...

http://www.homedepot.com/Decor-Holiday-Decorations-Lights/h_d1/N-1xr5Zbd6t/R-100483761/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I always love the look of the round ones. I just looked for a pic, I know they're cheaper at Tar-jay or wherever. They make me feel like Martha Stewart. Like I meant to make the tree look that way:)