Thursday, February 4, 2010

So here's how my dream went down last night:

I had just landed in Australia to visit a good friend of mine who had been living there for a while, and meet her new boyfriend. I got off the plane, feeling jet lagged, and jumped into my own personal transport pod that started down the train tracks. A mellow voice piped in, asking me how I felt. "Just fine. Excited." I responded. The train pod kind of weaved and bounced around a little. "Oh, my," the voice remarked, "Be careful! I understand you're jet lagged, or maybe you're just drunk. I can give you something to make that better, if you'd like."

"Wait... am I controlling this train?"

As if it was painfully obvious, the voice responded, "YES. You steer with your feet!"

Supposedly I was lucky to make it out of there alive. I took the pod all the way to the rental car place, and it was pretty lucky I had the gentle voice telling me how to drive, because it turned out all cars in Australia are driven and steered solely with the feet. I was able to get all the way to the hotel, saw my good friend come out to greet me, and managed to trip over a cell phone charging cord as her boyfriend came out of the room. "Hi," he said in what I suppose could pass as an Australian accent, "I'm Ben."

"Hi, Ben - listen, I want my first impression for you to be a little more graceful. Could you take a few steps back and introduce yourself to me again?"
***
I only had ONE glass of Viognier last night. Where did all this come from??

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are one smooth operator.