Sunday, October 26, 2008



I brought up google images and searched for "stress", but didn't find anything nearly as appropriate as when I searched for "augh." This is a pretty accurate depiction of how I feel these days...

I've taken up compulsive list-making. For my personal practice, for cleaning the apartment, and just generally getting stuff done, including things for work, planning ahead meals (can't just hop over to the Chinese place anymore...) and finding I need to actually make appointments with myself for things like eating. This may be a sign that I'm too busy.

The good thing that I've taken from these past few weeks is my exercise routine. I think running is actually the only thing keeping me sane. I'm addicted to it - while I'm running, I don't have to do anything else. I just give my body natural energy and feel fitter for half an hour every other day. And now, on the days where I come home, frazzled and nearly in tears from the hectic-ness of my life, I find my brain telling me, "Hey, you should go running. You'll feel so much better."

Maybe the toned body will be enough to keep pushing me through this rough time. I don't think my schedule lets up until, oh, February.

Rocking life of a freelance musician.

No comments: