Monday, October 6, 2008

Okay, I'll admit... I'm not sure this is completely healthy. I wake up in the morning, and I'm friggin' HUNGRY. But if I wait for a little while, the hunger pangs go away, and I can work out a little bit. Theoretically, I burn more calories this way, because I'm not busy trying to burn off breakfast. But after spending the last few months putting the microscope up to my digestive system, it worries me a little bit to mess with it like this. After all, I just got it working again.

But I'm kind of excited to start this running program again. Robert Ullery designed a wonderful podcast that follows Cool Running's "Couch to 5K" program. He sets it to (cheesy) techno music and tells you when to start running and walking at different intervals. It seems really effective, if I can just stick to it.

Besides, I tried on my wedding dress again, and while I admittedly look pretty good, I'd like it to fit comfortably on my wedding day. This means losing a few pounds - not a dramatic amount - and the best way to do this healthily by June seems to be putting myself on a reasonable but not dramatic exercise plan. Running seems to fit the bill...

I think I'll start next week. You know, after I have a chance to buy a few more sports bras.

No comments: