Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I had myself a meditative weekend.

Friday and Saturday were spent in beautiful Astoria, which is a place I adore visiting more and more with each journey out there. Played some amazing music with some amazing people. I'm always grateful to play in an orchestra that functions as a mutual admiration society.

I also started reading Violin Dreams by Arnold Steinhardt. It's a book I've been recommended highly before by other musicians. I'm completely in love with it, and only on chapter four. The man knows how to write about music. It's like I took time to get back to my roots. Tell myself why I chose music as my profession, and that bad things happen in EVERY profession. All that matters is how one proceeds.

Sunday was spent completely with my husband. We've now been married a year, and have a great understanding and respect for each other. We took the day to drive up to Seattle and see a Mariners game. We ate good food and cheered loudly. Also got our feet and jeans pretty soaked - did you know it sometimes POURS in the Northwest?

I took, of course, zero pictures of these three wonderful days. I'm kind of okay with that. It was cleansing, and after an emotional week, I feel so much better. I'm practicing again, working out again, heck - I'm going OUTSIDE again. Things are much better, and much more stable. My summer festivals are shaping up, my fall studio is under development, and my winter recital is nearly decided.

Thank goodness.... I'm a musician again!!

No comments: