Saturday, May 22, 2010


It has been surprisingly blustery here the past few days. It's cruel. You get a week of 70 degree weather, all the windows in your house are open, and you think, "Finally! I can shut off the heat!" Then the next day you wake up and walk into the living room and it is FREAKING FREEZING! The sun is out, which means the 45 degree weather may climb a few degrees, but YIKES.

So I'm considering trying my second attempt at pho tonight - it's a lovely, brothy way to warm up. Once the broth has simmered to its full flavor, it's easy to throw in meat, onions, and rice noodles - then you're good to go. And as I sit here hunched over by my computer, with a fleece tucked around me, I can think of nothing but it.

The weather may be different where you are. (Especially since it's MAY.) So, what's for dinner?

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Um if you DO find the secret to awesome pho, SHARE. Shockingly, good pho restaurants are absent from rual Wisconsin....